tracker

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The goal of potty training

I hate potty training.   I have dreaded it with each of my kids, and it has taken what seemed like forever to get each of them there.  And I know that a big part of that blame rests on my shoulders.   I don't like having to clean up mess, after mess, after mess as a child wearing underwear for the first time discovers what happens when they wet or soil themselves.  I don't like scrubbing carpet so my house doesn't smell bad.  I don't like feeling like I have to follow a child around all day so that I am available wjen they need to go, especially when I have other children to take care of.  In short, I don't like to inconvenience myself now, even though it will make things easier in the future.   And so I am inconsistent and they don't learn for months, or in the case of Guyl years.  Which of course doesn't go far in convincing me it is time to start training the next one.
Spike, however is at a point where he needs to be trained,  regardless of how much I am dreading it.  So my goal for this next week is to put some serrious effort into potty training him each day.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Potty training can be tough! Best wishes! I've found that it helps to brainwash them with potty books and potty movies. Elmo's Potty Time is a favorite in our house!