tracker

Thursday, April 25, 2013

3 steps forward and 2 steps back still makes progress.

Today I came to the conclusion that I need to find time to sew during the day.  Both of my girls are growing out of their shirts, and need new ones.  However in my opinion many shirts available for girls these days are not as modest as what I want my girls to wear.  This means I have to either change my standards, or make them clothes.  I am not completely sure how I am going to find the time to do that, but we will see.

I also was feeling quite overwhelmed about getting my house clean.  We are having family come over on Sunday, and so I would like it clean, however it seems that I take 3 steps forward, and my children pull me two steps back.  Baby wants to be held and rocked;  Spike wants to dive bomb my piles of laundry; Aurora, Guy, and Spike all decided to pull my curtains off the wall in the living room.  Spike found a big bag of flour and dumped it all over the floor.  Normal kid things, but they make it harder to clean house.

So tonight we set the timer for 10 minutes and  cleaned the  kitchen as much as we could, with the whole family working together, in that amount of time.  Then we reset the timer and moved to the living room, and then we set the timer one last time and cleaned the playroom.  So while there is still some deep cleaning, and some other rooms that need attention still, the house isn't looking too bad at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's a good idea to set a timer for 10 minutes and just do what you can in that time. I'll try to remember that.