tracker

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Emotional Rollercoaster

Today was an emotionally trying day.  I got a lot done but struggled with my emotions.
I love my children.   I love to be with them and spend time with them.  But lately it seems like I am constantly thinking I am overwhelmed and want a break from them.  But then I have negative feelings that I direct at myself for thinking such things.  I even get occasional breaks from them, like getting out the other night with my friend.   But I keep feeling this way, which makes me wonder if those feelings are unrealistic,  and if 7 just need to change my attitude.   Although the hubs let me get a nap this afternoon,  and the world did look brighter afterward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think every mother has felt like you do at some time or another. (If they don't admit it they are not being honest with themselves.) Just keep doing the best you can and try to enjoy the fun times with your kids. You won't believe me right now, but the time goes so quickly. It seems like I was in your place just yesterday and now I have three married and starting their own families. I would give anything to go back for just a day and relive those times when my kids were little. Parenting get harder the older they get so enjoy them now! Hang in there!!

Melissa said...

Satan is always trying his hardest to destroy families. Don't let him win. Just keep fighting for happiness!

Rose said...

Don't beat yourself up! If we were perfect, we wouldn't have such feelings, but we are NOT perfect, nor are we expected to attain immediate perfection. Demand of yourself improvement, not perfection.

Some people mistakenly believe that living our lives to go to heaven should look like a straight line ascending upward. In reality, it'd look like a roller coaster with a bunch of loopty-loops! :)