tracker

Monday, April 1, 2013

A good, but busy day.

I did pretty well at using my time effectively.  Baby woke up this morning at 4:30, so I started my day after feeding him.  Our kids have spring break this week,  and so I didn't need to worry about getting anyone ready for school.  However there was a big pileup of dishes in the kitchen sink, so I finished unloading the dishwasher, loaded it full of dirty dishes, started it, and then took the dirty dish cloths and towels down to the laundry room.  There I found a mound of laundry that needed to be sorted, so I sorted thosenand then started a batch of towels.   Then I sat down and started working on my latest idea of a job chart. 

My current idea is based off of the web site myjobchart.com .   The kids each have assigned jobs that they get points for completing.   The points then are redeemable for different rewards, that you decide to make available.   In addition to their assigned jobs, we also have additional jobs that they can chose to do if they want to earn extra points.  Anyway I spent a lot of time today trying to get the additional jobs chart setnup so the kids can see what they are.  I didn't quite get it complete, but hopefully tomorrow I will finish it.

This afternoon,  Cinderella had a dentist appointment, but as I got ready to take her I found that the car battery was dead.  So my hubs and Cinderella rode their bikes down to AutoZone to get a battery charger. 

While they were gone, and I was in the house feeding Baby, Guy and Aurora were playing outside.   I guess Aurora decides she wanted to go to the school.  So she suggested this to Guy, who decided they should walk there.  So without telling anyone they took off walking.  When the hubs got back he asked me where those two were.  I said "outside".  A while later, I asked him if he had seen them outside,  to which he answered no.  I decided to go oir and look for them, but then I noticed our Bishop's wife pull into our driveway and get my rwo kids out of her car.  She told me she had found them walking to the school, almost there in fact.  I am grateful they let her bring them home.  I don't know how long it would have taken me to find them otherwise. 

Later in the afternoon I had a good friend, and old college roommate drop by with her kids to say hi.  It was just a quick visit, because some of her kids were sick, butnit was nice to see them.

And then tonight I had another friend drop by with a treat for me, and we got to visit for a little while.  I am so grateful for good friends and acts of kindness.

Overall it was a busy, but good day.  Oh and I managed to not spend time playing on my tablet,  except when I was nursing Baby, and one time while using the restroom.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, way to go! It's good to hear that your kids were ok. We experienced that lost child panic a few weeks ago with Rachel and I hope I never have to feel it again. It's really motivating to hear that you had a good productive day. I don't think I have a deep depression but I do struggle to stay on top of the chores. Your productive day inspires me to want to be positive and have a productive day as well. Keep it up!

Rose said...

Yikes! So sorry about the panic of the kids walking off! Other than that, sounds like an awesome day! Good job working on implementing a chore system. It helps so much! :)