tracker

Saturday, January 10, 2009

She's growing up

Cinderella is definitely growing up. It is kind of exciting to see new elements of her emerge, but at the same time, it is kind of sad to see my little girl disappear bit by bit.

Earlier today, I was watching some kids at a friends house, and I called home to ask my husband something. I spoke to Cinderella while I was on the phone, and she sounded like such a big girl. I was amazed at how I could pretty much understand everything she was saying.

Her latest thing is doing things without being asked. She gets great pleasure in doing things by herself, especially if no one asks her to. The other day I was making my bed, when she said her bed was a mess, then went to her room. I heard her say something about everything needing to come off, and I was afraid that by the time I got in there, she would have the whole thing stripped, and I would have to remake it. When I did get in there however, she was working really hard trying to tuck the sheet in. She looked at me pleased with herself, and said, I'm making my bed, and you didn't ask me to. Then Guy pointed to his bed, and said "mess". So I helped him make his. By the time we were done, Cinderella had her bed made. I have to admit, it didn't look as wrinkle free as it would have been had I helped her, but she had done it all by her self and was very pleased with her efforts. I applauded her efforts, and left it the way it was.

She has had the job of setting the table for meals for at least the last 6 months. She has insisted on help for a while, but recently she insists she can do it on her own. Right down to putting the food on the table. She gets quite upset if someone else puts anything on the table, unless there is a good reason, (it is too hot or heavy for her to carry).

She is definitely growing up.

No comments: