tracker

Friday, January 23, 2009

Lost

So today I had a real scare. After we picked up Cinderella's glasses, I took the kids to the Children's Museum. We have a membership there and were in the area, so I thought it might be fun to go. We have been there several times in the past, but only one of them has been just me and the kids. Usually I go with a group, or meet up with at least one friend.

The one time I took the kids by myself, it was pretty empty, and wasn't a big deal. Today however was packed. I think there were one or more school groups there, as well as parents, like myself, who chose today to take their kids there.

We were having lots of fun, and my kids were playing in the water room. Cinderella decided she was done, and told me so. I told her to wait a minute while I got Guy. I then went to Guy, took his smock (they give you one to cover the kids clothes so that they don't get wet) off, and hung it up. Picked it up, and turned to go. At that point I realized that Cinderella had disappeared. I started calling her name, and Guy joined in the effort. There were so many people it was hard to tell if she was even in the same room as me. When I discerned that she wasn't I quickly moved to the area outside the water works. Unfortunately it is a large area, that branches off into several play areas. After a quick glance, I could tell she was no where to be seen.

At this point I am panicking, and repeating a prayer over and over in my head that the Lord will help me find my little girl. I was wishing I was there with someone, so we could at least split up to look for her. But I was all alone with Guy. I didn't even know where to start, because if I went the wrong way, I would be moving farther away from her. Finally I spotted someone who worked there, and told them I had lost my child. She asked for a description, and radioed for help. About a minute later, she finally spotted Cinderella across the room. I was so thankful to have found her. I made sure I offered up a prayer of gratitude, as I hurried across the room to where she was. We then made sure that both of us were clear on, when we wanted to move on, she needed to stay right by me, until I had Guy, and was holding her hand, so we wouldn't get separated.

I am so grateful that we were able to find her. But I think I have decided I am not going back unless I have my husband or at least one of my friends with their kids with us. It was too scary to lose a kid, and not know where to turn for help in finding her.

Oh and I thought I would include some cute pics from the museum. Enjoy



1 comment:

Ruthann said...

I took my kids to a children's museum in Utah while I was pregnant wth Aria. I had the same experience. It's nice to finally find them.