tracker

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Headache

Sometimes I have days where I feel like I am a terrible mommy. And unfortunately today was one of those days. Last night, Cinderella was really congested and having a hard time sleeping. As a result, she ended up in my bed with me, and her daddy ended up in her bed. Needless to say, none of the family got a really good nights sleep.
At some point in the night, I noticed I had a headache. I figured that I just needed more sleep, and my headache would go away. Maybe my lack of sleep was part of it, I don't know. But this morning when I got up, I didn't really notice my head hurting. But when I was looking at a book with Cinderella, I noticed spots in front of my eyes. Thinking I had probably looked at the light when I turned it on, or something like that I didn't give it much heed. Then when we went to get breakfast ready, I noticed that more of my vision was missing, kind of like I was blacking out, and my head was hurting again. I told my hubby I was going to lie down for a few minutes. Unfortunately that didn't help.

I took some Tylenol with breakfast, and thankfully by the time breakfast was over, my vision had cleared, but the headache was still persistent. After drinking lots of water, and eating some food, and waiting a few hours, the headache had dulled some, but was still there. I finally called my Dr.'s office. The nurse advised me to go to one of those blood pressure things you can find in grocery stores and check my blood pressure. The problem was, I wasn't sure exactly what stores around me have one of those, and I didn't want to drive with my headache. After calling some friends to see if they knew where I could find one, I discovered there is one at the grocery store just down the street from my house. But I still didn't feel up to driving so I put my venture off a while.

So my kids got a miserable excuse for a mom this morning, as I turned on a movie, and sat there with my eyes closed, and then snapped at them to go and play, when I was trying to get something to eat to see if it helped.

I took some more Tylenol with lunch, and then after quiet time ended, I still hadn't gotten a nap, and Guy was still sleeping. So I put on a movie for Cinderella, which thankfully she was content to watch on her own, and I took a nap, until Guy woke up. Once her movie was over, we headed to Albertsons to check Mommy's blood pressure. Which I am glad to say is still low. We happened to be there when my phone beeped that it was time for our afternoon snack. So I decided today warranted a special treat, and I took the kids to the bakery, and we got doughnuts. That has definitely made a difference in the day. I am glad we did it. I still have my headache. Hopefully it goes away before too long, but at least we are all a lot happier now.

Amazing what doughnuts can do isn't it?

1 comment:

Becky said...

this happened to me at work once, it was really trippy my vision was blurred like I had stood up to fast but it stayed like that for a while and then I got the worst headache. Some of the people I worked with said it was a migrain due to a pressure change in the weather. I don't know if that was true or not but it sure wasn't fun!