tracker

Friday, January 2, 2009

Hide and Seek

We have had really cold weather for this area that past couple of weeks. It has been hard for me. We don't really spend much time outside in the cooler weather, but we do try to go places.
However we live in a place that usually doesn't get much snow in the winter time. And this year, we got a lot (for here). I grew up in a place that has cold snowy winters, so it isn't a new thing for me. And I know how to drive in the snow.

However I was also blessed to grow up driving on roads that had been properly plowed, with studded snow tires. Unfortunately here I have neither. Put that together with a population that is more used to rain than snow, and don't have a lot of experience driving in the snow. I think I would rather stay home, if I can.

So in staying home, my kids and I have discovered the fun of playing inside. Cinderella and Guy have just recently discovered that they can play hide and seek just the two of them. It is so fun to watch. At first it was nothing like how you or I might play the game, but has slowly changed to more the way the traditional game goes.

Cinderella will start counting, while Guy does one of three things; hides where Cinderella hid last, stays right by her while she counts, or finds a spot to hide. Often times when she finishes counting, he will come running out saying "here he is." But sometimes he stays in his hiding spot until she finds him, then he squeals with glee. Then it is his turn to count. His counting usually goes like this; 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10. Then he goes running to find her. You can tell when he found her, because you will once again hear the squeal of glee. Sometimes I join them in their game. The other day, Cinderella came up to me and asked me to help her find Guy. We went into their bedroom, where I found him lying really still under her covers on her bed, with just his forehead sticking out. Another time he put his feet in a really small box, and then crouched over the top of the box, to hide. I have also found him lying on his stomach under the kitchen table, and under the table in the kids room. It is so fun to hear them play, and it is tons of fun to join them. My stamina for the game just doesn't last as long as their does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are sooo cute! I miss my neice and nephew! :( Glad you're coming in February!

Robin said...

That reminds me when P and I played hide and seek last time we were at your house. Guy didn't understand the game as much then but we'd carry him around anyway. They could play for hours!