tracker

Friday, January 2, 2009

Play dough

The other day, Cinderella was wanting to watch a movie. I have been trying to get her to not watch so many so I was suggesting other activities. I suggested play dough, and because we haven't played it in a while, she accepted my suggestion.

We took the play dough to the kids new table that is in their room. Cinderella tried to tell me that we couldn't do it there because it would make a mess. I told her making a mess is fine, if we clean up after our selves. And because Mama was going to play too, I would make sure it didn't make too much of a mess.

So we played with the play dough. At first Guy thought it was good to try to eat. After his first taste, and me telling him it was yucky however he decided maybe that wasn't such a good idea after all. When I showed him how to make a ball and smash it, he thought that was great fun. Then when I showed him how to make a hand print in the dough, he thought that was great. He pointed to the print and said, "Guy hand."

Cinderella had fun too. We made lots of snakes. We made snails, we made a flower, and a snowman (that was promptly smashed). We rolled balls, made hearts and just had lots of fun playing. I was reminded of the care free feeling of being a kid again. It maybe only lasted for 30 min. But hey 30 min. of being care free is worth it to me.

1 comment:

angelalois said...

this is so sweet. I'm looking forward to doing things like this with my cute son. how fun for you guys!