tracker

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Preschool P

Not it wasn't my turn to teach preschool again this week. But thanks to a cold bug, Cinderella did get me for a teacher. She has been coughing all week, and Guy recently picked up the same cough, and has a runny nose. So I figured it probably wasn't just her asthma, and I didn't want to get others sick. So I told her we would do preschool at home.

The letter for the week is P. So we started the day talking about all kinds words that start with P. Anytime we came in contact with a P word we would say the word, and say, "that starts with P!" For example, we had pancakes for breakfast. So we talked about how pancakes starts with P.

It was really short notice, of course, so I didn't have a bunch of stuff planned, so we just had to wing it. When ever Cinderella showed some interest in doing something to do with Preschool, I would think of a P activity and we would do it. We were going to play princesses, but she decided she would rather look at books. But that is OK.

Our one big thing we did, is we painted with pudding. I made up a box of chocolate pudding, and let the kids paint with it. I put some of my grubby T-shirts on them, so I didn't have to worry too much about the mess. They also wanted to eat the pudding, so I gave them spoons as well.

Guy's method for painting was to take a spoonful of pudding, dump it on his paper, then grab it with his hand, and eat it. Then smear the remaining pudding around on the paper. He kept insisting he was painting a horse.

Cinderella I think was mostly just having fun, but hey isn't that what it was all about anyway. I think she painted 5 or 6 paintings. Guy kept getting upset when he would drop some pudding on his lap, but finally decided not to worry about it.
I painted one too. :)

And of course we finished the painting with a bath, that they loved as well.

4 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Julie you are just full of all the fun ideas! You have very lucky children to have you as their mother. You are wonderful. I love you so much! And I know your children do too!

The Hills said...

Guy's painting looks more like a grizzly bear! That looks like fun. It really is too bad that I hate cleaning up messes, of any kind.

Kati said...

I am so impressed! I guess you didn't hear that Heidi didn't do preschool that day - so Abbi was really the lucky one. Such a cute idea though! I'll definitely have to remember that one.

(Such a cute family pic! I haven't been here in awhile :)

angelalois said...

you have such good ideas to keep those kids entertained! wowsers!