tracker

Friday, January 2, 2009

Bedtime stories

On Christmas, the kids took their new stories to bed with them. They usually get to take one book to look at, if they are good for family scripture study and prayers. I went to tuck them in, and on an impulse pulled up one of their new little stools that goes with their table, and put it next to Cinderella's bed, and started to read her story to her. I then moved to Guy's bed and read his story to him.

That night I decided that maybe I should do this every night. So I have read them a story every night since Christmas. Some nights I just want to send them off to bed and be done with it, but I have found that if I take the time to read the story, I enjoy bedtime more, and they probably do too.

Things have changed a little bit since that first night. Now every night when I pull the stool next to Cinderella's bed and sit down, Guy brings his story and climbs up on my lap. I then read both stories to both kids, and tuck them both into bed.

I wish I could say this has helped Guy go to bed better, but it hasn't. But maybe one day it will. And for now, we are building memories.

There have even been many nights when I have been reading, with Guy sitting on my lap, that little Sleeping Beauty starts kicking and making her presence known. So I guess I read bedtime stories to my 3 kids each night.

No comments: