tracker

Saturday, August 17, 2013

"When Our Family Get's Together"

Today we had a extended family get together.  It was my turn to organize it.  It was a bit of stress.  I wanted to make it a more active than some of our get together are.   I planned a bunch of water and relay games, we were going to meet at a park, have a BBQ and just have fun.

Well as we started driving that way a thunder storm started.  So we ended up meeting at my parents house instead.  Unfortunately this turned into more of what our get together are usually like, with people just sitting around talking and not really interacting as much.

On the plus side I came up with a group parlor game on the fly.

Have everyone write down their name.  Put all the names in some kind of container, then have everyone draw a name out.  Then the group takes turns asking each other questions about the person who's name they drew, and tries to figure out who is who.

It was pretty fun, but we did come up with a few issues, that I would maybe try to resolve if I played that game again.

First I asked my sister a question, and then it was her turn to ask someone a question, and the questions moved around the group this way.   When someone thought they knew what name someone had drawn, and it was their turn to ask a question, they can ask, "Are you...."  
The down side to this, was that once someone's person was found out, they were out of the game, because no one is going to ask questions about their person any more.

The other issue was that it got difficult after a while to keep track of the answers different people had given.  So I would supply people with paper and pencils to take notes in the future.

1 comment:

Rose said...

For teens and adults, I LOVE the game Curses. :)