tracker

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Family Reunions

Today we went to a family reunion.  This reunion is for all of the descendants of my grandfather's grandfather.  These reunions have been happening the first Saturday in August for longer than I have been alive.  And for a lot of years it has even been at the same place.  People come and eat and visit, there are games for the kids, we usually talk about our common ancestors a bit, remember our family history.

 I have a lot of fond memories from these reunions, and wish that I could have reunions like this with more than just this one family.  It seems to me that a lot of the other branches of my family tree have kind of stopped doing this kind of thing.

I feel kind of sad about it, I miss seeing my cousins, and relatives, however I don't know that I have it in me to organize reunions for all of the branches.  And I am not even sure if I have it in me to organize a reunion for 1 branch.  I am sure others feel this way too, and that is why reunions, at least in my family have stopped.

Do you have reunions in your family regularly?  How many generations back do they go?  Do you have them on a regular basis?  If so how often?  What kinds of things do you do for your reunions?

No comments: