tracker

Monday, August 5, 2013

When the cat is away the mice will play

Today the kids were testing their limits in many ways when they knew I was occupied elsewhere.

This morning, I put Spike in the bath and then went to nurse Baby.  Later I heard Guy saying something about Cinderella being in the bath with Spike.  Then tonight I find her PJ's soaking wet on her floor, and Aurora tells me, it is because Cinderella laid down in Spike's bath.  :|

Then later this morning I sent Aurora, Guy and Spike outside to play.  Then I find them in the van.  They know this is against the rules, but they played in there anyhow. :|

 Then later in the day we are getting ready to go somewhere, and I discover that the contents from the diaper bag are scattered around the van.  And all the snacks I had stocked in the diaper bag and car, and been munched.  :|

Then as we are getting the kids ready for bed I find that Guy's bed is completely stripped down to the mattress,  with his bedding hidden under Spike's bed.  And there is an empty fruit snack wrapper on the floor next to Guy's bed.  Guy is adamant that he know nothing about either of these things.  And I am not sure I can believe him.  :|

Then there is the fact that my kids play all the time and refuse to do their jobs.  Maybe I am too lenient on them.  Maybe I should turn into a drill sargent.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Well, maybe you don't need to be a drill sergeant, but I fully understand the temptation. They'll need some sort of incentive to complete their chores on time. I'm not around your children enough to know what incentives work for them.

If you get a chance, you could check out "Managers of Their Chores" from their library. It's kind of a lengthy read for someone who wants chores done NOW, but it gave me better insight on implementing a successful chore system. My children don't always do their chores without squabbling or getting distracted, but they are getting better.