tracker

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blessings and balance

When you are experiencing something it is very easy to see the difficulties and stresses that are there,  however once the situation changes to something with different difficulties and stresses it is easier to see the blessings from the past.

As crazy as my home was during the summer, I didn't realize how much having my older kids home kept my younger kids occupied.  Since school started again, it seems like I constantly have at least one child attached to me or within a foot of me at all times except when I am in bed.  It is rather nerve racking.  

However don't get me wrong there are plenty of blessings right now too.  I am able to get more one on one time with my kids.  I am able to get a lot more housework done.   I just need to figure out how to get everyone on the same page.   All of the kids actually going to bed when they are supposed to, so that I can go to bed before too late.  I have been running on little sleep lately, and the effects really hit home today.

After spending the morning running errands with my two youngest boys, I came home got the kids lunch, fed baby and crashed.  I was so shaky, and wiped out.   I need to find the balance, because something needs to give and I don't want it to be me.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Maybe you need a housekeeper to come once or twice a week to help with some of the bigger jobs. If you can find room in your budget, I bet it would help a lot. That's what I would do if it was me.