tracker

Monday, August 19, 2013

Test Run, Blast Off, and the Dentist

Today was the last day before school starts.  My kids were planning on ridding their bikes to school.  However last night, because they were disobeying and continually getting their bikes out and riding around the cul-de-sac even after I asked them not to, their bikes have been confiscated.  Therefore, Cinderella  and Guy will be walking to school.  The school isn't that far away, and we often walk to our church which happens to be right by the school, so I know they can do it.  However I wanted to get a good accurate timing on how long it takes them to walk.  So this morning we did a test run. I loaded up the younger kids in the stroller and we walked to the school at the pace Guy set, because he is the slower of the two.   It took them about 30 min.  Tomorrow we shall see how they do.

Then for lunch today I had a little fun, and made an outer space themed lunch.  I cut slices of bread into large circles and buttered them to be a moon.  Then I took some cheese and cut it into stars, and then I cut a piece of ham into a rocket shape.  I added grapes to be planets, and jellybeans to be asteroids.  I think they had fun with it.  It always amazes me how much better some of my kids will eat a lunch that looks fun.

After lunch we went to the dentist.  We all got a good checkup except for Guy who has 3 cavities.  I am not entirely surprised, seeing as how getting him to brush his teeth (using toothpaste, and brushing all of the teeth, enough to build up bubbles in his mouth) is a regular battle.   Maybe one day he will learn.

No comments: