tracker

Friday, August 16, 2013

Making lunch

Overall,  I don't stress about what my kids will eat, except at lunch.  Lunch time, I don't usually make a full meal for everyone,  it is usually a much lighter meal, like sandwiches,  or finger foods, and I usually make something different for me, than what I feed my kids.

The other meals of the day, one thing gets made, of you don't like that too bad for you.  But at lunch I turn into more of a short order cook.  (To a degree, however I don't usually take requests, I just try to think more about their likes and dislikes.) 

Well, yesterday Guy was complaining about the type of cheese I put in his lunch, so I told him that today he got to make his own lunch.  Qs it turned out pretty much everyone either made their lunch today, or at least picked all that went in it.  And do you know what?  I don't think they ate their lunches any better today than they usually do.  Therefore,  I am not to blame when they don't eat their lunch, and then tell me they are hungry 30 minutes later.  (Don't worry.  I don't usually place all that stress and blame on myself.  But I do wonder if I could do a better job picking what goes in their lunches.)

1 comment:

Rose said...

Lunch is always the same at our house. If there have been complaints about other meals, then I take away the food and tell them they can have it back when they stop complaining and tell me thank you for the food. What I made may not be their favorite, but they are hungry enough that they'll swallow their pride and tell me thank you so they can have their food back. :) Of course, I wouldn't ever force them to go hungry. Hence the simple opportunity to "earn" the food back.