tracker

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Vacation day 5

I think my children have too many toys.  They get bored way to easy, and they don't seem to know how to enjoy the simple things in life. 

Last night we went to watch fireworks.   They were beautiful,  but my children were bored.   They needed to make a game out of it,  which then led to fighting.   When they weren't playing their game, or fighting,  they were complaining.

There aren't a lot of toys at my fath-in-laws house, but there are some.  However the children are quickly bored and want to watch a movie or play a videogame.

Today we ent to my sister-in-laws house, and admittedly she doesn't have much at her house for kids.  She doesn't have much at her house at all.  She os single, lives by herself and just recently moved back into her house.  The people who had been renting her house trashed it, and it needs a lot of work.  That is part of the reason we are visiting her. 
So the hubs and my father-in-law have been working on the house,  and I have been trying to entertain children.   It is rather stressful,  because it is so hot we have the doors open, and Spike keeps trying to make a break for it , down to the busy road in front of her house.

So I tried to send the kids to the backyard, they didn't know what to do.  The yard is a junglenof plants and things.  I could have had fun put there for hours when I was a kid.

I then took the kids to a park.  They played for about 5 min. then said they were done.  How can I help them develop their imagination?

2 comments:

Rose said...

No clue. My kids are always entertained playing with each other when they go outdoors. Maybe it's because they are home together all the time and never apart. Do they spend time together when they are at home? Or do they disappear into their rooms?

Melissa said...

I have this problem with Rachel as well. I tell her to find something to do or I will give her chores. I also tell her if she keeps complaining I will take away some privileges. She usually ends up quietly coloring or doing a craft at the table. My kids love tv and I try to limit it a lot but it is definitely a challenge. Thankfully Rachel is really social and can usually find a friend in the neighborhood to play with. I imagine it is worse for you thought because you have several kids that can fight with each other. I don't have that problem yet. Please post your successes when you find things they like. I am interested to hear about it.