tracker

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Embarrassed

Today at church my three older kids were asked to be reverence children.  To do this they stand up front being reverent, while others come into the chapel.  This is supposed to help encourage others to be reverent as well.

Cinderella was having a bad attitude all morning, and then when we got to church, and I guided the kids up onto the stand, she started crying, and trying to hide.   I took her out and talked to her, she told me she got afraid when she was up there, and then she was embarrassed that all those people could see her crying.  Poor kid, it took a lot of coaxing to get her to even come back into the chapel.  I finally got her to come in after the sacrament.

This got me thinking about times that I have been embarrassed, and how we all get embarrassed some times.  But over all I think it is when we swallow our pride, and try not to worry about what others think of us, that we can get over our embarrassment and live our lives the way we want to.

Cinderella is quite shy, in some ways.  She has a hard time reaching out to others, and wants others to reach out to her.  When they don't she feels like they don't like her.  Hmmm, sounds a lot like me.

I think she is nervous for this next school year to start, because she is afraid she won't have any friends.  There is also a girl that she had a hard time with a lot last year, who is in her class this upcoming year, and I think she is really nervous about it.  I wish I could help her not worry about what others think about her, but I haven't mastered that myself yet.


How about you?

1 comment:

Rose said...

"Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister..." --Matthew 20:28

For me, it helps to look for others in need of my friendship instead of just looking for others to reach out to me... or instead of looking to be friends with those that most people naturally gravitate towards (you know the kind of people I mean!)

Go ahead and email me if you'd like to talk more about this. :)