tracker

Thursday, July 25, 2013

I fought the concrete and the concrete won

This evening I was heading out for a night free of kids to do some school clothes shopping.  I got in the car and started backing out of the drive way.  Then I heard a bump.

The kids have a tendency to leave things behind the car, and even though I hadn't seen anything there I figured I had better go out and  check.  When I checked I didn't see anything, but noticed that the wooden beam that goes in between the cement pads in our drive way was sticking up a little bit, and figured I had bumped it.  Well I got back in the car, and started backing out again.  I went down over the curb, and knew I heard something.  But knowing there hadn't been anything there before, I figured there must be something in the trunk bumping around, and I kept driving.

However when the front wheels hit the same spot, I knew I felt something.  I got out and sure enough, Spike's bike had been run over.  The thing was ruined.  I felt bad, but what can you do at this point?  I went, picked up the bike, and headed to the dumpster to throw it away.  While I was walking my shoe caught the wooden beam that was sticking up, and I went sprawling.

I bruised my jaw, my right arm, elbow, hip, hand, and skinned my knee.  My head was throbbing, and I felt quite beat up.  I didn't move, because I wasn't sure how easily I could get up without falling again.  Then I heard the hubs calling my name in a frantic voice.  I didn't mean to scare him.  I answered calmly that I was alright, and told him what had happened.  He then helped me up, and I assessed the damage.  With my head throbbing the way it was, I didn't feel comfortable with the thought of driving off by myself some where, so the hubs took the kids with him to a neighbors house for a bit, and I got a bath and a little bit of down time.

I wonder how sore I will be in the morning.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry! I hope you heal quickly!