tracker

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Vacation Day 4

Today we took the kids out into my father-in-law's backyard and took some pictures,  we also got a family picture.   When I was packing I forgot that we were going to take pictures and didn't pack my makeup.   I also didn't bring much to style my hair with, so I am not the most excited about how I look.  Oh well, it's all about the memories right.
We had told the kids they could go swimming today.  My brother-in-law found a large plastic stock tank, that he turned into a swimming pool. 

However it has cracked,  and when trying to fill it we discovered it wouldn't hold much water (depth wise).  We suggested to the kids that we could take them to a park with a splash pad instead,  but they didn't want to, they wanted to swim here.  However,  once getting out there, all Cinderella could manage to do was complain.

We finally came in and the kids played on the Wii.   Later we are going to a 4th of July social, and then watch fireworks.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Yeah, pictures are about the memories! I'm not always excited about the way I look in pictures either, thinking I'm too chunky, messy or plain. However, I think my kids would rather see pictures of their plain mom than have to scrape for photos, and wonder why you're not in pictures with them. Good for you for jumping in that picture!