tracker

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer Quiet Time Plans

Today I started planning for this summer.  School gets out in about 2 1/2 weeks, and if I don't make some plans, this house is going to be crazy.

Quiet time is something that is crucial when I have all of my children home on a regular basis, but is really hard to enforce, unless I just want to let them watch movies every day.  That is one option, but not what I would like to do.

So after looking around on pinterest I came up with an approach that uses quiet time boxes (boxes made  for each day of the week with a variety of quiet activities inside), and quiet stations.  (Places around the house that will have activities that the children can do on their own quietly. )

I think that part of the key to having success in this endeavor is to be able to keep the children in separate locations for quiet time.  Because if they are playing together, it will get loud, and trouble will ensue.

I am not completely sure all of the logistics  such as what exactly I am going to put in the boxes and where and what the stations will be, but at least I am making progress.

What do you do to help your school age children be quiet during the summer, when you still have little ones who take naps?



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Those sound like grat ideas! That so smart to get started now. I hope it works for you. When my toddler is sleeping, Rachel can color, watch a movie or stay outside. Mostly I make her stay outside. She is easy though because she loves to play at friends houses so she just finds a friend in he neighborhood to hang with.