tracker

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Dancing thumb wars

I got in late last night, so this is yesterday's post.
The elementary school had a dance festival yesterday.  They have one at the end of every school year.  So we went and watched Guy and Cinderella dance.





Afterward the school made an attempt at breaking a world record.  The longest thumb group thumb war.  They spent about an hour and a half getting every one into a little fenced off area, then they had us form a long chain, and you were supposed to continuously have thumb wars with the people on each side of you for 5 minutes.  They said they needed 950 something people participating to break the record.  They put us into smaller groups and then connected the groups.
The hubs went in in with Guy and Baby, I went in with Cinderella, Aurora, and Spike.  Baby and Spike didn't participate because they are too young.  (I didn't think I could keep Spike in the chain long enough with out him pulling away.)  The group I ended up in didn't really have a leader.

I realized that I don't consider myself a natural born leader, but when there is a need, and no one is taking charge, it drives me crazy and I will step  up, and take charge.  So as our group was milling around and no one knew what to do, I found the clipboard with the instructions and created order out of our group.

In the end, I don't think we actually broke the record.  From what I heard we were about 30 people short.

(hhhhhhhghnbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
.bmbgbbnvbnvcujhgyttftftfrdedxesdrttrftvghgytytttttf)- This is what Aurora had to say.


Last night the hubs and I went to the temple with our temple group.  Baby is still too little to leave with a teenage baby sitter, so he came too, and he and I wandered the grounds, while the others were in the temple.  I found that I was able to ponder and feel connected to my Father in Heaven as I roamed the temple grounds.  In my pondering I realized that over all I don't like to inconvenience myself.  I want to be a fun mom, but when it comes down to it, I don't follow through on the ideas I have, because it seems too hard.  I don't interact with other people, even though I really want to,  because the risk of rejection seems too high.  I take months, and sometimes even years to potty train a child, because I don't like the inconvenience of setting everything else aside (especially my stuff) long enough to just get it done etc.  I am therefor making another goal.  When I am faced with more than one choice, and one of the choices will in the end be harder but be better for me or those around me, I need to make that choice.  I know it will be hard, but I believe the Lord will help me.

No comments: