tracker

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Quiet Time Boxes

Today I finished putting together most of my quiet time  boxes.  I think I still need to do a little bit more for Spike, but other than that they are done.  I will have 3 boxes and 2 stations that I rotate between my 3 older kids.  1 for each week day.  The two stations are playing Legos  and doing coloring, crafts, or play dough at the kitchen table.  Box #1 has felt cutouts that the kids can use to make faces, a bag with Cars themed  Duplos in it, and a dinosaur puzzle.  Box #2 has tanagrams, a bag of market themed Duplos and a Tinkerbell puzzle.  Box #3 has reusable stickers, a bag of cupcake Duplos, and a Princess puzzle.  When the kids get a box they each have 1 specialty item that they can also have for quiet time.   This item is just for them.  Cinderella has paper dolls,  Guy has some small animal figurines,   Aurora has pop beads, and Spike has shape matching boats.

For Spike I also have 1 other bag of Duplos. this one is a zoo theme.  I haven't decided if I will make a whole other box,  or just rotate that bag with the other bags of Duplos so that Spike gets some variety as well.

No comments: