tracker

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Crazy morning

The hubs carpooling buddy has been out of town for a few weeks, and we adapted to a more relaxed scheduled   Today was the first day they rode together again.  This meant he had to be ready to go out the door at 6:30.  We try to always have breakfast together as a family, so this meant getting up at 5:30 and getting the kids up at 6.  The last few weeks we have been having breakfast between 7:00 and 7:30, with Cinderella running out the door around 8:00.  So this morning the kids had more time, and they weren't sure what to do with it.  Unfortunately in this house that usually means trouble.
To add to things I think Baby is going through a growth spurt, and so he is sleeping and eating more than usual.  He slept through the night last night, which was wonderful in the amount of sleep it gave me, but not quite so wonderful in the amount of milk my body had stored up over the night.  I was too full for him to get much, and he was more interested in sleeping than eating, which resulted in spending a long time feeding him. This being the case, the children were not as supervised as I would have liked.

All before 9:00 I found myself having to rescue children from a locked room, being informed that Spike was drawing all over the couch in permanent marker, reminding Cinderella of all the steps she needed to do to get ready for school.  Getting Spike and Cinderella dressed only to find them later covered in marker and needing a bath, and then Baby screaming because I finally put him down figuring he was more interested in sleeping than eating.  I had to pump so that I wasn't so full, and he could eat.  It seemed rather crazy.

Other than that, my day wasn't too eventful.  I don't know what I am going to do in a few weeks when school is out, and all the kids are home all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Things went better during the summer if we had some kind of schedule. Usually, jobs before play in the morning then lunch and quiet time. That usually kept them out of the sun during the hottest part of the day. I made a stop sign and we would put it on the front door if the kids could NOT play. That way the neighbor kids knew not to even knock. (If they did, we didn't answer. They get the message pretty fast.) Most of the time the other families were doing the same thing and that made it nice. I bought lots of games, sewing cards, puzzles - stuff like that- to keep them busy during quiet time. Good Luck! You can do it! Lori E