tracker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A vacation?

I think it was last November that we booked the tickets. We had been talking for a while about my husband looking for a job closer to family, so that we could maybe have more family support and interaction with baby #3 on the way. We found a decent deal (for today's prices) on airline tickets and decided to book a flight for the first part of February. We thought that this way my husband could possibly schedule job interviews for the week of our vacation, and the kids and I could visit with family.

Well it turned out that things didn't quite go how we had envisioned. My husband started his job search at the turn of the year, and we had a couple of companies show immediate interest in him. Companies that didn't want to wait around until February to interview. So as it turned out, he was offered a job before we even left home, and didn't need a week to do job interviews. Also at this time we decided it would be beneficial for him to not use so much time off. So we changed our vacation plans a little bit. The kids and I still went as planned, but my hubby just came for the weekend, so that we could celebrate our anniversary and his birthday a bit belated with my family.

So what did I do for the vacation? I did a house hunt. Overall it was good that we went, but it wasn't the vacation that I had planned on. Oh well, I guess everything works out in the Lords way.

Stay tuned for more blog posts with more in depth info on the different elements of our "vacation".

No comments: