tracker

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Potty training again

I thought the next time I would be writing about potty training it would be with Guy. I was pretty sure that Cinderella was all the way there (other than at night time), but boy was I wrong.

She did really well. Until we flew to Grandma's house. She had an accident on the plane, but that one was understandable. It is kind of hard not to have an accident on the plane, being newly potty trained, when you can only have access to the restrooms at certain times. But then being at Grandma's house, she had at least one accident every day we were there. However that is understandable, because routine is different, and the bathrooms are in different places than she is used to. But even since we came home, I think there has only been one day that she made it through the whole day without an accident. I know that we are still progressed past when she wore pull ups. But I am getting really tired of having to clean up her mess off the floor. I have her do as much as she can, but really she can only do so much.

I'm sure it is because there is a lot of change happening right now, and I'm guessing she is feeling a lack of control, and if she uses the potty, is completely in her control. Even though it really frustrates me sometimes that it isn't in my control.

I look forward to the day, when she finally decides she is ready to be potty trained again. I know it could still be a long way in coming. Like not until after Sleeping Beauty is born. But one day that day will come, and I will be very grateful.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Sorry that you have to deal with that! Although, I've found with mess cleaning up... that children are often CAPABLE of cleaning up the entire thing... they just don't want to. They do half of it, and act like they don't see anymore... or at least... that's what my children do... they'll ask where more of the mess is... when they know where it is! I don't know if Cinderella is trying to pull this on you, but you COULD try leaving her in the bathroom until her mess is all cleaned up... she might be in there a long time the first time... but it might get done... (that trick might not work this week... she might just get onery).