tracker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A house hunt: Houses #3-6

I don't know that there was much to mention about the other houses we looked at. They didn't really strike me.

House 3- There was some miscommunication and the owner wasn't expecting us. So we didn't see any more than the front room of the house.

House 4- A short sale, (meaning it is being foreclosed and you are trying to buy it before it does. This can take quite a while from what I understand. We don't really have a while right now with Sleeping Beauty coming in May). Would need paint and minor work before moving in.

House 5- Foreclosed and trashed. I was willing to give it a look, and even tried to look past holes in the walls, and carpet and linoleum that would need to be replaced. But when I saw mold in the master bathroom, I was done looking at that one.

House 6- This house was small. It had 4 bedrooms, but everything in the house was on a really small scale. The hallways were too narrow for more than one person to walk down it at a time. The bathrooms were narrow, and the living area was small. Other than that, the house seemed nice and in good repair.

After we saw house number 6, we ended our day of house hunting. My husband was flying in that evening, so I made appointments with our agent to bring my husband by homes 1 and 2 the next day.

No comments: