tracker

Friday, February 13, 2009

It's the lack of communication that gets to me.

Have you ever played the game telephone or gossip? You sit in a circle and the first person whispers a message into their neighbors ear, and the message then moves around the circle, and the end message is completely different than the one that started? A message like "Can you jump rope with me?" turns into "Kangaroos jump in Tennessee." You can see how the sound of the message is similar, but what it is communicated is completely different than what the original intent was.

That is how I feel like this house buying process is going. With one big exception. I don't get to hear what the end message is. You would think the message shouldn't change that much. We told our agent what we wanted. We watched him put it into a written contract, that we signed. He then faxed the contract to the sellers agent. So you would think the seller would know exactly what we want, and there should be no confusion right? Wrong. We were supposed to hear back from them as to weather they would take our offer or give us a counter offer by 5:00 on Wednesday. We received a call from our agent shortly after that time saying he hadn't heard anything from the other agent, other than that they had received our offer. He then went to work trying to find out what was going on. After this the best he could tell us that in his opinion the sellers had not had the deadline communicated to them. So now I want to know, what else wasn't communicated to them? What is their agent hiding trying to make a bigger profit for himself, or because he doesn't really know what he is doing?

Then yesterday, we got a call from our agent telling us there had been another offer, this one a for sale by owner offer, which was allowed by the sellers contract. However as far as we can tell this offer is just verbal. However it is high enough that it matches the amount the seller would get if we offered full price. We have also been told that the seller is interested in our offer, and is preparing a counter offer. Which by the way, we have yet to see. And that we will have a deadline to let them know, if we will take the counter offer, by Monday. Is it just me or is there something smelly about this whole deal?

Now I like this house, and I feel good about this house, but I'm not in love with this house. If it falls through I know there are other houses out there. But I am in love with the timing that this house offers. If this one falls through, I won't be able to do any in person looking until the beginning of March. Which will delay how soon we can get into a house considerably. I would like to be settled or at least start moving in, by the time my husband starts his new job on the 1st of April. And if that isn't possible, I would at least like to be moved in to the point that I'm not living out of boxes by the time the baby comes in May. So I am struggling with not being frustrated.

I know that it is all in the Lord's hands, and if this is supposed to happen it will. And if it doesn't, there is something else out there for us. I just have a hard time believing that sometimes when I am stuck waiting, wondering what the seller has even been told.

Oh well this too shall pass.

No comments: