tracker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Saturday- Making an offer, and a trip to the Temple

On Saturday we went and looked a a couple more houses that aren't worth mentioning, and then we decided to make an offer on house #2. From this point on, I have been very glad we have an agent. The only down side I see is that we have had no direct communication from the sellers of the home. I hate having to go through a chain of 4 people to get anything done. I wish I could just sit down with the current owners, with our agents there to cover the legal stuff, and talk it all out. However being long distance, that isn't really much of an option anyway. We should hopefully hear back sometime today as to whether or not they accept our offer, or want to negotiate. I'm guessing they will want to negotiate. We offered $10,000 less than their asking price.

We got done making the offer just in time to go back to my parents house, change our clothes, eat some dinner, and go with my brother and his girlfriend to the Draper Temple open house. This is when a temple has just been built, before it is dedicated they allow people to go in the temple on a tour, so that people can better understand what a Temple is, and why it is so important to the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I really enjoyed going, but wished that (except for the fact that it was like 9:00 at night,) we had the kids with us.

1 comment:

The Hills said...

Congrats should be in order! I would love to stop renting - but until our loans are paid off, no can do.

We could have our pick of houses too, because there are at least 2 houses for sale every couple of blocks. It is insane here! It should be a buyers market, but people are still asking for prices that are way, way, way too high. For example: A 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1200 square foot house for $275,000. It is outrageous!