tracker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A house hunt: House #1

Our agent sent me some house listing to look over and I let him know which ones we were interested in. He then set up appointments for me to look at those homes on my second day there. My mother and sister joined me in my house hunt. We started with a house that was just two doors down from where my grandparents live. This house had a lot of things I had liked about it before even really seeing it. Of course the location being as close as it is to family was a plus. Also this house was one that my grandfather had built, so I knew that it had been built well. Also looking at the pictures that were posted online, it had a lot of features that really appealed to us in a house. The one downside that we could foresee was that they were asking quite a bit more that what we really felt like we could afford.

Going into this house, I was really impressed. It was really well taken care of. It had a really nice living area. Great kitchen cabinets, built in bookcases, and tons of storage. It had a work room off the garage that was really nice as well. The backyard was really well landscaped, and had a sandbox and swings. Then we looked at the basement. It was clear that the people who lived there previously had not spent a lot of time in the basement for a long time. There was one room that was in really good condition. The office. The other rooms were nice rooms, but would need a lot of work to make it livable for my family. So it was a house that would work, but would also require a lot of work.

1 comment:

Adam & Brandi said...

Wow Julie, this seems to be coming along pretty fast! This is very exciting for your family. I am so happy for you. And I know it will all work out. Good luck with the house hunt.