tracker

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mother, daughter bonding.

Yesterday, Cinderella and I had some Cinderella-Mommy time. We went shopping. Isn't that what little girls are supposed to do with their Moms? I'm not a shopper, so it isn't something we do very often at all.

But Cinderella's summer wardrobe was only half way furnished, I needed some new shirts, and we needed to get a Father's Day present for Daddy. Put that together with the fact that I had a Penney's gift card, and they were having a really good sale, with "door busters" that the prices were only good from 8-1, that covered a few of the items I was needing to get, we went.

So Daddy dropped us off while he and Guy went and did the grocery shopping. Cinderella was pretty good for the first part. But as soon as we found her clothes, the excitement wore off, and she just wanted to buy them and go home.

Unfortunately for her, we had to wait for Daddy to get back with the car, and I still needed to find some more things. Well we finally had everything we needed to get, about the time Daddy called me to tell me he was done shopping. So we got the items bought, and his present put in my purse, as he pulled up.

As soon as we got in the car, Cinderella said, "Daddy we got you a surprise!" I don't know how much more she would have said, but Daddy clapped his hands over his ears, and I tried to explain to her that we needed to not talk about it, till we gave it to him. Well she was tired, she had gotten up early that morning, and it was just too much for her. She burst into tears. So Daddy "opened" his Father's Day present right there to appease her.

So much for a big surprise right?


1 comment:

The Hills said...

Wow...I'm impressed. Can we get our husbands together again? Yours is a real good influence on mine. If I let my husband go grocery shopping without me(and I have a couple of times) this is what would happen. Either he would come home with whatever he wanted to get or he would call me every five minutes on the cell phone asking what again he was supposed to get (what brand, size, etc.). He usually calls me and asks. The whole point of him going shopping is so I don't have to!