tracker

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Communication

So Guy is learning to communicate pretty well. He doesn't say much, but he knows how to get his point across. Sometimes it amazes me what I understand.

For instance, last night, Daddy was getting Guy in his PJ's. And Guy was pitching a fit. I came in to see if Daddy needed any help, and started talking to Guy. I asked him if he was upset because he had lost his "pluggy" and didn't know where it was. He instantly stopped crying, while I went on a pacifier search. My husband asked me, "how did you know that was what he wanted?" I have no idea how I knew. Maybe it is because he is decidedly attached to that thing. He thinks he constantly has to have it in his mouth. Even when he is eating. He takes it out of his mouth, puts some food in, followed by the plug. Anyway, so part of it is just knowing him, I guess.

He has also started shaking his head, no. But I haven't completely figured out what that one means, and I'm not sure he knows either. Sometimes it means "no", but sometimes it means "yes".


He also does a pretty good job understanding you. He loves people and loves to say "hi".



Sometimes when I have the kids in the stroller, and am out walking, as soon as he sees someone coming our way, his hand starts waving. He is such a happy energetic boy. I love having him in my family.

No comments: