tracker

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Schedules

I have a hard time adapting a schedule to changes that happen.  Daylight savings time throws me off every year, and we never adapt until it ends.    When school gets out for the summer, it throws another kink in the works too.  In previous years it hasn't been too bad, however this year the hubs is working a bit farther from home and carpools to work.  I am glad that he has someone he can carpool with, so that we don't have to buy a second car, but carpooling makes things a little more hectic at home.
We try to have breakfast together as a family, which works during the school year.  However now the hubs ride comes at 6:30 AM, and the kids want to stay up until 10:00, even if we try to put them to bed before that.
We tried to let the kids stay up later, and then the hubs and I would just get up earlier, have breakfast together, and he would head off to work.  However yesterday Aurora told me that she misses having family breakfasts, and then today the older boys woke up at 5:20.   Do we get them up earlier, and try to put them to bed earlier?  Do we forgo family breakfasts and hope that with enough time the kids will eventually sleep in every day, so that I get some downtime?
Oh, I don't know what to do....

No comments: