tracker

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Quiet Time Box Follow Up

Today's quiet  time rotation completed our cycle.   Each child has now had 1 turn with each box/station.  Here are my observations:

Box 1:  After Aurora got bored with this box after only a half hour I added a few more puzzles.  These ones were Melissa and Doug mix and match dress up puzzles.   All 3 kids seem to get bored with this box before quiet time is over.  I don't know if that is because there isn't really anything "new" in there or if the items in there just aren't intriguing enough.

Box 2:  This one seemed to capture their attention more than box 1 did.   However today,  Cinderella opted to watch a movie for quiet time, which ended up pulling the other kids away from their boxes.   Guy was supposed to be doing this box, and I don't know if he got bored with the boxes, or if the movie was just more intriguing.

Box 3:  This box seems to have the best results overall.   Aurora didn't stay entertained with any of the boxes the whole time.  I am not sure if that is because they weren't interesting enough for her, her attention span is shorter, or if it is just hard for her to be alone that long.  Or maybe a mix of all 3.

Lego station:  this one doesn't seem to hold much excitement for any of the kids.  I don't know if that is because it is not new, or because there is only one thing to do, no variety.   I also wonder if legos is maybe something that they enjoy more playing with others and not on their own.

Craft station: All the kids liked this one, although Aurora seemed to have trouble getting stickers off the page without them tearing.  More variety could be added to this station.

These are just my observations,  I don't know what changes I will make of any, I just figured it would be a good idea to record them.  I also need to talk to the kids and get their oppinions of the different activities.  This will help me better understand what changes would benefit the experience.

No comments: