tracker

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Guess I'll Go Eat Worms

Today was bug day.  I took the kids on a "bug safari." We went around the yard looking for what bugs we could find.
Cinderella took pictures of some of our finds, and a few other random pictures as well.









For lunch I made a bug themed lunch.  I made a flower out of oranges slices for the petals, a blackberry for the center, an ants on a log for the stem.  I then included some butterfly shaped pretzels, and a gummy worm.  I then asked the kids to tell me how many bugs they could find in their lunch.  They interpreted my "flower," as a spider, but other than that they picked out what I intended.

For our afternoon snack, I made a "cup of dirt."   Crushed Oreos as the soil, chocolate pudding for the mud,  and candy rocks on top.  There were also a few gummy worms tucked in there.

Cinderella told me she wasn't quite so sure about the worms, they made her feel like she was eating real worms.  Then I started singing, "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms."  Guy then looked at me quizzically and asked me, "What do you mean, nobody likes you?"  I then had to explain that I know people like me, it is just a song.  We then found it on YouTube.


Oh and I got a cute picture of Baby today too, so I will include it.

No comments: