tracker

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Follow Up

So for those of you who were guessing, yes I am pregnant. This isn't quite how I planned to announce it, but oh well. I was really unsure about my due date, so I didn't really want to mention anything until I had a better idea of when I was due.

I had previously tried to make an appointment with my OB. However because I wasn't certain of my due date, and because of our insurance, they needed me to get my PCP to authorize an ultrasound for verification before they would make an appointment for me. I had seen my PCP on Monday, and had an ultrasound scheduled for the following Monday.

So after my fainting episode, I decided to call the doctors office, to get checked out just in case something was wrong. Because of the before mentioned issue of making an appointment with my OB, I called my PCP's office. He wasn't in that day, but his nurse strongly suggested that I come into the walk in clinic.

I was assuming I was somewhere between 5-7 weeks pregnant. The doctor at the walk in clinic was concerned that my fainting might be connected to an ectopic pregnancy (a tubal pregnancy). That was her first concern. So she ran a bunch of tests, and determined that I was dehydrated and starved. Go figure. I'm pregnant and it was dinner time. She also determined that my hormone levels were high enough that I was either farther along in my pregnancy that I believed myself to be, or I was expecting twins. She also discovered that I had a lot of wax in my ears that could have contributed to me being dizzy.

So she scheduled an ultrasound for the next day. At the ultrasound, we learned it was not ectopic, I am not expecting twins, and the baby is just over 8 weeks along. Which puts me due the beginning of May.

So over all, we aren't sure why I fainted, but we do know that everything is now appearing to be the way is should.

Thank you for your concern.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Congrats on baby #3. I'm glad that everything is okay. :) I hope that you start feeling better soon. And yay for cute babies.

The Hills said...

Wow. Congrats are in order. Yea! Having three can be harder than having two. I am glad to hear you are all right. Do everyone a favor and start eating more and drink lots of water!

Michelle and Tony said...

Congratulations to you and Mike. That is great news.

Adam & Brandi said...

YEAH!!! That's great news! Congratulations

Shamaine said...

I want to say Congratulations too! Funny story...I've been into the doctor a couple of times to because I knew I was pregnant, but was afraid it could have been ectopic. Not sure why I was having trouble to start with, but turns out it's not and I'm due the same time you are! About nine weeks now and due the beginning of May. :) Although, you are having number three and mine is just number one. So at least you know what to expect. :) Not many people know about mine, beside Mike's Dad. But anyway, congrats!

Jessica Speed said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! Three is wonderful. About the sling I got it at mammasmilk.com (they have adjustable and nonadjustable slings) but there are other places as well like hotslings.com (nonadjustable).