tracker

Friday, September 19, 2008

My Utah Trip: Family Week: Day 5, Park and movie

On Friday, my parents ward, (the church congregation they attend), was having a BBQ at one of the parks in the area. This park has been a family favorite my whole life, so we decided to go after lunch, and spend the afternoon at the park. We then attended the BBQ, and headed out to go to the Drive In Theater, which was playing WALL-E.

When you go to the drive in theater, you pay to see two movies. It is a double feature. WALL-E was playing first, and Mama Mia, a movie we had no desire to see, was playing second. Well in one of the other theaters, there was a different family friendly movie playing in the second slot. Some of my single siblings, had the idea that we should have half our cars parked in one lot for WALL-E and the other half parked in the other lot for the other movie. They said they had done this with friends previously, and by all rights you should be able to do it, after all you are paying to see two movies right?

So that was our plan. My brothers, P and S parked their cars in the second lot, while my dad and my brother T parked his car in the lot with WALL-E. We were all meeting there. Well when we got there, we noticed a big sign at the front that said, "No switching theaters." So we knew our plan wouldn't work. The problem is, that my brothers had parked in a different lot. And one of them had gotten in trouble when he and my sister who had ridden with him, had walked through to the lot we were parked on. So then my brothers had to figure out how to get their cars to the correct lots. It was kind of crazy, but we got all of our cars together before the show started.

After WALL-E was over we just left. No point sticking around for a movie you don't want to see.

So we watched WALL-E, which I highly recommend. I haven't been very impressed with the latest PIXAR films. Not because of plot, I thought they were hilarious. But because of language. As soon as I hear some one say a cuss word in a movie, the movie is ruined for me. And ever since The Incredibles, PIXAR seems to think they should ruin all their movies by putting foul language in them. Well WALL-E passed by my standards. It was a good clean movie. Something you don't find much anymore. Cinderella loved it too. In fact since that time, she had chosen what movies she wants to watch based on whether or not they have a preview for WALL-E in them.

No comments: