tracker

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Moments of Inspiration: Rise to the occasion

Lately I've been noticing how my Heavenly Father teaches me in just the regular moments of life.

I believe those times can be a lot more effective, if you record them, or share them. So unless they are incredibly personal, I am going to do both.

I have had two sick kids lately. Guy has a double ear infection, and hasn't been sleeping the best lately. As you can guess that has it's own effect on me. I have also been feeling a bit under the weather, and my home has been reflecting that.

We had a really ornery day today. We were all get on each other about something. A little after 4 this afternoon, I looked around my apartment, and noticed that there wasn't a room that didn't look like a tornado had blown through. It made me feel really discouraged, and I didn't want to do anything about it.

Then I had the moment of inspiration. You can choose to let the way you feel determine the way you respond to what is around you, or you can choose to rise to the occasion, and make your surroundings be the way you want them to be. I decided I didn't want it to be a mess. So I started one thing at a time, and started cleaning. Then I got the kids to help. Within an hour I had all the rooms picked up and vacuumed.

I realized, that it isn't just this way with messes, but all the challenges we face in life. We can let our circumstances determine our response, or we can choose how we will respond. It is all up to us.