tracker

Friday, September 19, 2008

My Utah Trip: Family Week Day 6, Five Men and an Air Mattress

So my brother P got this brilliant idea for something to be done during family week. Buy an air mattress. The kind you sleep on. Some life jackets, some sailor hats and some oars. And take them all out on a lake.

This adventure involved my three brothers, my brother-in-law W, and my husband.
So they put on all their sailor duds. W decided to not have the life jacket. He felt like it would hamper his swimming ability.
Which left a jacket for Cinderella.
The grumpy face is because I told her she couldn't go in the water. I didn't find out until later, that her daddy had told her she could wade along the shore, with Aunt N.

Guy also had fun playing in the sand.

My dad used his pump to blow up the air mattress.
That is a full sized mattress by the way.
Then the boys hauled it into the water. I was trying to video this event, but my battery died before they got very far.


They all sat down, and started to sink.

So they redistributed their weight, and tried again.
This time they were able to stay afloat. And paddled far enough away, that they were just a small speck in the pictures I was taking. My dad was getting nervous because W didn't have a life jacket. He didn't want them to get so far out that he wouldn't be able to get back. We tried yelling at them to come back, but they didn't hear us. They also had a hard time steering the thing. They were finally able to bring it back with most of them swimming.





It wore them all out, but I think I remember them asking who wanted to go again. So I know they had fun.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fun idea. They looked like they had a blast and I love those hats! Cinderella looks very cute in it. Where did you get them?

Julie said...

I'm not sure where my brothers picked up all their gear. They had purchased it prior to the outing.