tracker

Monday, September 1, 2008

Scissors

So I need to write about this, right now, so that maybe I can see the humor in the situation.

Yesterday, Cinderella was wearing her dress that I made her for Christmas. In her primary class (children's class for three-year-olds) at church, she was cutting out some paper hearts. After she got home from church, I was helping her change her dress, and I noticed a hole in the front of the dress. A nice V shaped hole. Scissors.
She had cut her dress. I told her about the hole in the dress, and told her that I think she had cut her dress. She shrugged her shoulders at me, and said, "yeah, I think I did. It's not worth making a fuss over."

Well today, she wanted to cut out more hearts. I was slightly concerned after her cutting her dress before. Daddy was busy cleaning out the fridge and I was cleaning the computer desk. I asked Daddy if he thought it was OK to let her cut without some supervision. He said he thought she would be fine. So we let her cut. We went back to our respective tasks, and a while later, I heard my husband gasp. I turned around and saw Cinderella sitting on the chair, scissors in hand, and a pile of curly hair on the floor. I wanted to cry. Instead I went promptly to the other room, and called my brother. He and his wife, who is a beautician, just happen to be coming for a visit on Wednesday. I wanted to find out if she could help Cinderella's hair at all. I haven't talked to her yet, but I have a feeling, Cinderella is going to go around looking like this....






At least until Thursday, when my sister-in-law can fix it.

Here is all of the hair she cut off. I decided to save it in a bag. I'll probably take a lock or two of it, for her scrap book, for memories sake. I'm just not ready to bid it good by just yet.

4 comments:

Mary said...

So I'm impressed you didn't cry! I think I would have. Luckily she still has hair on that side. I think she's going end up with cute short bob hair cut! My cousin chopped her hair off all the way on the one side and walked around with a side ponytail for 6 months while the hair grew back in. Remember you'll laugh about it someday ;)

The Hills said...

You should be glad she didn't cut it down to the scalp. My friend has a daughter who has done that not once, but twice and with safety scissors! She now has a pixie cut and looks like a boy. My friend hasn't learned to keep the scissors out of her kids reach yet. My daughter hasn't done anything like that yet, but I am sure she will soon enough. You are quite brave to deal with it so calmly.

Kirsten said...

way to document this (and the pasta one, that was so cute the way you put it together). just think of the blackmail it will come in handy for later!

Adam & Brandi said...

Yes it could be way worse! The family I babysit for, one of the little girls had done three haircuts total. One to herself, her cousin, and two weeks ago her little sister. Needless to say the sister looks like a little boy. She cut off SO MUCH at the top like 1 inch from her scalp. It was pretty bad. So what have I learned...my kids will NEVER know what scissors even are! hahaha