tracker

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Little Tornadoes

Today I had all 5 kids home.  The school has their fall break today though Monday.  It was crazy.   The hubs decided that since I have been running on little sleep lately, and we didn't have to get the kids to school at a certain time, I could sleep in.   He also slept in.  When we woke up we found that Spike and Guy had redecorated my kitchen floor with dry erase markers.  They also marked the chairs, with everyone's name, so you can know which chair is yours.  Spike also colored all over the white board with permanent marker and crayons.  

I don't know why, exactly, but my boys in particular, are little kegs of dynamite.  Those boys are crazy at times.  They have so much energy, they go around my house like tornadoes.  When the weather is good, I try to send them outside so they can get rid of their energy in constructive ways.  However on rainy day's like today, they spent most of their time indoors.  I would try to get them to work, and use their energy in those kinds of ways, but that was like trying to herd cats.  :/

At one point I shut both boys in their room, but then they were just destroying their room.  So then I took Spike out, and told Guy he needed to get dressed and clean his room.  He did get dressed and his room did get cleaner, but I think the mess was just too overwhelming for him.  By lunch time, he still had stuff all over the floor.  I finally told him he had made a good try, and he could come out, if he could behave well for the rest of the day.  But if he started being wild again, he would have to come back in his room and finish cleaning it.  He was pretty good the rest of the day.

Wow!  That was only day 1.  I still have 2 more days, plus the weekend.  I need to figure out what to do with my kids if the weather stays yucky.

1 comment:

marinda said...

The best advise I ever read when I was home with M was that kids Need to go outside everyday. Rain, shine, cold, heat. Bundle them up, and shoo them out.

It really bugs me at work that I can't wear sweaters in the winter because I get too hot. The county has some rule that public buildings have to be x temperature all year.

Kids are hearty, and I think they intuitivly understand that when they are closer to nature the can be closer to the Creator.

So let's raise kids who are not afraid of melting in the rain, and know that when it gets cold it is time to put on a sweater instead if turning up the furnace.

Are you with me?!