tracker

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Little Clean Upper

Last week we bought a used bike trailer, that converts to a jogging stroller.  So this morning I set it up as a stroller, and put the boys in, then Aurora helped me push, as we took her to school.  Then I took a little walk/jog/run around the neighborhood.  When I got home, Spike wanted to play Little People.  Those toys are ones that I keep locked up (the kids each have one type of toy that they enjoy out, and the others are locked away.  I will get them out for them if they ask, and the other toys are picked up.  Otherwise our house becomes a disaster of toys.)  I told him we needed to pick up first, so he helped me pick up the toys that were out.  We got the Little People toys out, and played for a little while.  Then he wanted to play something else, so I told him we needed to pick up the Little People.  He put them all back in the box, and I put them in the cupboard.  

Then he played cars.  Scooter was getting involved in ways Spike didn't like, so I moved Scooter over to the other side of the room, with some other toys, while I folded laundry and interacted with Spike.  He played cars for a bit, and then wanted to do something else, so without me even asking, he picked up all the cars before getting out the next item.  He did a really good job doing this.  

I just wish I could get all of my kids to clean up like this when they are playing together.  

1 comment:

marinda said...

I love your one type/clean up plan. But I don't think it would work for me. My kids toy room can be a disaster area, especially after friends have come over. I know other parents who have the same problem as me. Have you heard of any other ways parents like you keep control of the toy bombs ticking in their hones?