tracker

Monday, October 21, 2013

Frustrating

Tonight our elementary school had their fall festival.  I have to give a shout out to the parents on the PTA who did an awesome job putting it together.  I am sure that was a lot of work.  Personally I am not on the PTA, (I have enough other things on my plate right now)  so I can't complain about how they do things.  They do the best they can.

On that note however, I found myself feeling quite frustrated tonight.  Not frustrated at individuals, but frustrated at how things played out, and things that were really outside of my control.   Cinderella is in her schools chorus.  They were told to be on the stage by 6 tonight.  So we got her there, and then stuck around in the gym/lunchroom/auditorium waiting for her to perform.  We had no idea when that would be, and so we felt like we couldn't participate in any of the activities outside of this room, for fear of missing our daughter perform.    For some reason, unknown to me, they didn't perform until about 6:40.  So we were stuck in the gym for 40 min, with 5 kids who wanted to do other things.

Once we finished there, we went and stood in line for the hay ride.  This took another 20 min, which is understandable.   However, there were some kids who cut in line right in front of us.  I wanted to tell them to scram, but one of the kids bore some resemblance to the man who was in line in front of us, so I wasn't sure if they were with him or not.  I am guessing not.  The guy didn't acknowledge them at all.

After this we went to look at the pumpkins my kids decorated, and then we headed to the media center, where there were gift baskets set up for a silent auction.  I wanted to bid on something, and help support the school, especially seeing as how I never got around to donating anything for any baskets in my kids classes.  Well we got there with 30 min to look through baskets.  It was crowded, and I was trying to look at baskets without losing my kids in the crowd.  I found a few that caught my attention, but I couldn't find the hubs, and I wanted his opinion before I placed a bid.  By the time I found him, and we started looking at baskets together the auction was almost closed.  We got only half way around the baskets, and they announced it was closing.  So I just hurried and wrote my name on the list of the one in front of me, which had caught my attention, but wasn't my first pick, because I felt I had no other choice.

Then I had to stick around for them to figure out who was the winner on all of the baskets.  By this point in time, the hubs tells me he can't find Guy and Spike, so he goes off to look for them.  Then he comes back to tell me that they are gone.  That is never something you want to hear at a crowded public place.   I feel like I can't leave, because I need to pay for my basket, so I sent Cinderella off with her dad to find her brothers, and stayed there with Scooter, and Aurora.  Just after they leave, I hear the principle announce over the PA system that he has my boys in his office.  I felt like everyone looked at me and laughed.  Kind of a knowing laugh, but a laugh all the same.  I felt embarrassed, that all these people now knew that I am not able to keep track of my kids.  But at least they were found.  I am very grateful for that.

1 comment:

marinda said...

At least they used the buddy system ;)