tracker

Monday, February 4, 2008

New LDS First Presidency





A week ago yesterday, the Latter Day Saint Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away. He was the prophet for a good portion of my life. He made a great impact on me, and helped me gain a greater understanding of the Gospel. I will truly miss him, but I know that he has gone to a better place.

Today the Church made it's announcement as to who the new prophet would be as well as his councilors in the First Presidency. If you are familiar with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, you may be aware that the presidency has always followed seniority. Due to this it wasn't a surprise to have President Thomas Spencer Monson announced as the new Prophet. I was listening to the press conference in which this announcement was made, and my testimony was further strengthened.

After the announcement President Monson, and his new councilors, President Eyring and President Uchtdorf gave their comments on their new callings. Following that the press was allowed to ask questions. As I listened to the answers I felt the Holy Spirit manifest to my heart that these men are called of God, and are the people that the Lord wants to lead His church at this time. It is so awesome, to know that through it all the Lord is in control.

No comments: