tracker

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

4 years

My husband and I just recently celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. For me it was a time of reflection. There has been a lot happen to our little family in that time.
This is an engagement photo. I don't have easy access to any of my wedding photos so this one will have to do.

5 moves
4 apartments

1st apartment 5 months (hubby was there 1 month before we were married)

2nd apartment 18 months.
Then we spent 1 month at my parents house.

3rd apartment 1 year
then another month at my parents house

4th apartment been here 11 months and plan to be here at least 1 more year.
Did you notice that my husband was cooking in the kitchen in all but the 2nd apartment? The ironic thing is I think he did more cooking in our 2nd apartment than any of the others because that was during my first pregnancy and Cin's first year. I just didn't feel like cooking, so he was my knight in shining armor and came to the rescue.

4 States

We enjoyed the outdoor recreation in Idaho

Had fun camping in Utah

Loved the trees in Virginia

And now enjoy the Puget Sound in Washington

3 cars
Our first car was an econo box but it suited our purpose. Ours was white, but I don't have any pictures of it so I found this one on the web.
When we knew our family was going to grow, and the Swift was dying we upgraded to the Honda CRV. We loved that car, and it saved our lives. But alas it had an end too.

However by that time we were in love with the name Honda so this is what we got. It seems to serve our current needs well, but we joke about if and when our family grows we might find ourselves with a Honda Odyssey.

2 babies
Cinderella arrived with complications, but with lots of love.

Guy came without a hitch, and was rearing to go.

2 pregnancies
The first one was slow. We were in school, and anxious to be parents. She couldn't come soon enough. This picture was taken the day before Cinderella was born.

The second one passed quickly as we were busy being parents, preparing to move, being out of a job, moving across the country, finding a job, getting in a wreck, etc.
This picture isn't the most ideal pregnancy picture, but it was the best that was taken.

2 drives across the country (for my hubby 1 for Cinderella and me)
The first time, my hubby drove by himself from Utah to Virginia. Notice the weather? This was his drive through Wyoming. Due to the fact he was alone in the car, this is about the only picture he got.

This is Cin sitting in the back seat of our CRV. Can you see how tight it is packed in there? I don't know if you can tell but it is snowy out this time too. This go round we took it as a family. It was a nice trip, even if it was rushed.

1 wreck, and totaled car.
We were almost to our destination. Crossing Snoqualmie pass, when we hit a patch of ice and started to slide. After bouncing around the road we finally came to a stop. Apparently we weren't the only ones who discovered the ice, there were several cars in front of us off the road, and a 50 car pile up was behind us.
In this picture you are seeing our car, and then the pile up. Our car is facing the wrong direction. You can't see most of the damage on our car in this shot, but I chose it because it had the view of the accident.
After about a month of waiting the insurance finally told us that our car was totaled. It was hard to say good-bye to that good friend. But thankfully it got all 4 of us through that wreck in one piece.

There have been lots of other stuff too, but that is the big things. Part of me really hopes things can start settling down now, but the other part of me realizes that life never settles down, it just changes, and brings new experiences. At least in that time we have also made many wonderful friends.

2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

WOW! 4 year?!? I remember the first apartment. :) And I think the second one too. I never knew about the accident... it sounded pretty bad. I really enjoyed reading that blog entry. We need to come and see you guys son. Maybe we can make a little day trip over there or something when things start to warm up. :)

angelalois said...

love the blog!! just wanted to say I too had a Swift, and it was red just like your picture! My little heart skipped a beat. It was such a good car. I named it "En Fuego." P.S. Guy Smiley is the CUTEST LITTLE GUY EVER!