tracker

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We had a lion in our house today

So last week I started assigning the kids jobs, making a job chart. It worked OK, but as time went on it lost its novelty, and Cinderella particularly didn't want to do her chores.

This morning Guy was telling me there was a lion in Cinderella's bed, and I got an idea. I told the kids that there was a lion in Cinderella's bed, and we needed to go take care of it. We went in there, and I pulled the blankets down with a roar. Then I turned to them, asked them if they were scared, and told them I was. Then I said the lion wasn't in the bed anymore, and we better hurry and make the bed before the lion comes back. Cinderella asked if the lion would eat us. I told her it wouldn't, it just wanted to sleep, and when it saw that her bed was made it would go away again. So we hurried and made her bed, then we went and found the lion in Guy's bed. We got rid of it, and hurried and made the bed. Then we noticed that the lion was reading the books that were scattered all over the floor. So we hurried and picked them up.

Then we went back to Cinderella's room to make sure there wasn't anything in there the lion might get into. The we did Mama's room. Then we went into the bathroom, and found the lion playing with the toys in the bathtub. Cinderella pulled him out, and we hurried and picked up the toys and straitened the bathroom.

Then Cinderella saw him in the living room, so we had to pick that room up as well. And then he was in the library. Well our library was a really big mess. It hadn't ever had everything put away since we moved in. So that room took a while, and once we (or maybe I should say I on that one. The kids were looking at books.) were done, the lion had disappeared, and we had somehow gotten most of the jobs done.

Isn't it amazing what a little imagination, can accomplish?

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hahaha, hilarious!

The Osborne Family said...

That's awesome. Good thinking, mama!