tracker

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Eating troubles

This is a question for advice about breast feeding. If the subject of breast feeding makes you uncomfortable you may want to stop reading here.

So Sleeping Beauty is my baby who has nursed the best out of how any of my children did when they were infants, but I still have some problems. I use a nipple shield on one side, due to that nipple being larger than my baby's mouth. I developed a major crack in that side, and have sense been using the shield, plus some ointment to help it heal.

The other side however, I didn't have that problem on. But now I have another problem. Sleeping Beauty likes to yo-yo. On then off, on then off. And her constant pulling on and off is making me really sore. I don't know why she does this. We start out, most of the time, with a really good latch, but by the time we are done, I don't kn0w that it is that great.

Tell me, if you have ever had a problem with a baby yo-yoing was there any way you got them to eat better?

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Rose said...

Well if she starts to slide off, gradually working herself towards the end of your nipple, you should detach and reattach.

I've found lactation consultants very helpful. At first when they are looking and touching, it might seem a little odd, but really, it's what they do all day...

Kim said...

In my experience (all three of mine have been this way), yo-yo-ing happens when the baby is full. Sometimes they are much more efficient than you give them credit for so when they are done, they just start to play. When mine did that, I took them off, and they were done. If they are still hungry, then pretty soon they figure out that they can't bounce anymore or they won't get food. The same thing works for biters too.

Good Luck, hope you find something helpful to you.