tracker

Thursday, July 2, 2009

"I have a star today!"

We can learn so much from children if we let ourselves.
My kids love to take their vitamins. I don't give them the gummies, I think they look too much like candy. I wouldn't want the kids to find them and down a whole bunch thinking they are candy. I just use the standard chewable ones.

I have however had a hard time finding the chewable ones in a dose for a 2 year old, with out it being cutting a larger dose in half. And come on, what 2 year old wants half of a dinosaur? In our last location, one of the grocery stores that I would shop at had some. These were stars. I stocked up before we moved, because I wasn't sure how easy it would be to find them in our new location.

Cinderella's vitamins have been circus animals, and now she had dinosaurs. Guy could be upset that all he gets are stars when his sister gets a variety. However this is how the conversation usually goes at our breakfast table.

"I have a purple lion today!"
"I have a star today, Dad! I have a star today!"

Every day, no matter what his sister has, Guy is thrilled that he has a star. I am so glad he can be happy with what he has instead of wishing for what others have.

Unfortunately, the stars are almost all gone, and so it is time to try to find what I can around here. Hopefully he doesn't have to settle for half a dinosaur.

2 comments:

Rose said...

The Flintstone vitamins have a variety specifically for 2 and 3 year olds. They are whole dinosaurs, but they are smaller. They come in a yellow package.

Unknown said...

That is so sweet how optimistic he is. I hope my little boys are as adorable as he is, but after hearing stories about their father's disposition as a child, I'm a little worried about how they'll turn out. ;)