tracker

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Poor Guy

So this afternoon the kids were wanting to go outside to play. I opened our sliding glass door to let them out. Guy put his hand on the door frame, as he walked through the door. I waited till I thought he had moved his hand, and then shut the door. As soon as I had shut the door I knew I hadn't waited long enough. I had pinched his poor fingers.

I opened the door, and examined his fingers. Thankfully they were just sore and not bruised. I let him back out and went back to cleaning the kitchen. A moment later I looked out at the kids for some reason. I'm not sure why. I don't know if I heard him crying or what. But there he was sitting on the step (one of his favorite places to sit), surrounded by hornets. I opened the door and ushered him inside. Sure enough he had been stung right on his knuckle.
So we have been looking at where the hornets came from. There is a crack at the bottom of the step, where it meets the concrete. (If you look really closely you might see a hornet.) That is where they are coming in and out. We can't see the actual nest, and aren't sure how to take care of them. We are going to try dousing the area with Raid, and see if that does any good. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

No comments: